Shop locally this Saturday for your festive goods and presents in support of the annual Small Business Saturday event (7 December 2019).
Small Business Saturday is a national event to encourage people to use independent businesses in their area and help the local economy thrive. It's also an opportunity for businesses to put on special events or offers.
Many local businesses are taking part in the event this year and Portsmouth City Council are supporting the event by promoting offers from Portsmouth small businesses on a dedicated website and offering free parking on the day at the following car parks:
- Wootton Street car park, Cosham
- London Road car park, Cosham
- Stubbington Avenue car park, North End
- Ashby Place car park, Southsea
- Clarence Street car park in the city centre
- Free Belgian chocolates with flower orders over £50 from Charmain of Southsea
- Free travel size artisan soap bar with any purchase from Southsea Bathing Hut
- Free mini facial voucher with all gift voucher or product purchases from Green Goddess Southsea
- 20% off tax return filing from Bright Bookkeeping Services
- 25% discount from Linguistica Translation & Recruitment
- A Santa Paws day with goody bags for dogs in exchange for a charity donation at Southsea Gallery
- A 'mix and mingle' event for start-ups and self-employed
- Hotwalls Studios open from 11am - 4pm on Saturday and Sunday, with a wide range of products on offer from original paintings & prints, bespoke & handmade jewellery, woven wall hangings & silk scarves and much more
- Artisan market, The Traders Keep, will be at the Round Tower from 10am - 5pm on Saturday and Sunday. Talented small creative businesses creating handmade products including leather work, ceramics, jewellery and more.
To find out more about the offers in Portsmouth on Small Business Saturday visit www.portsmouth.gov.uk/smallbusinesssaturday