Families stuck for something to do over the holidays can try lots of events at Portsmouth museums, including children's activities, model displays and a craft fair.
Portsmouth City Council's museums, including Southsea Castle, Portsmouth Museum and Cumberland House natural history museum, are always great destinations for a day out.
But during the summer holidays there are special events aimed at preventing those 'I'm bored' moans. They're either free, or have a small admission fee.
- Tuesday 1 August, Southsea Castle: kings, queens and court jesters family craft activities.
- Wednesday 2 August, Portsmouth Museum: Sherlock Holmes family craft activities.
- Tuesday 8 August, Southsea Castle: Sandcastles and crabs family craft activities.
- Wednesday 9 August, Portsmouth Museum: Solent Meccano Club drop-in day for children and adults.
- Wednesday 16 August, Portsmouth Museum: Model railway show plus historic vehicle.
- Saturday 19 August, Cumberland House natural history museum: Southsea Wildlife Watch family activities.
- Sunday 20 August, Southsea Castle: Keep Makers Market.
- Wednesday 30 August, Portsmouth Museum. Scalextric displays in the activities room.
Plus, there is going to be a pop-up D-Day Museum around Portsmouth this summer....
- Tuesday 1 August – Capturing the Spirit event, Paulsgrove
- Saturday 12 August – Portsea Carnival, John Pounds Centre
- Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 August – Victorious Festival