Fareham Borough Council is inviting residents to have their say on future development across the Borough by taking part in a consultation on the new Local Plan which is open until midnight on Sunday 1 March.
A Local Plan Supplement document has been developed following the Issues and Options consultation held last summer and sets out how the Council proposes meeting new national housing targets, identifying a small number of new housing sites and policies, as well as potential areas for strategic growth.
Residents can attend one of five Community Action Team (CAT) meetings where there will be an opportunity to find out more about the proposals or attend one of the various exhibitions taking place across the Borough.
CAT meetings will be held from 6pm until 7.30pm as follows:
- Friday 24 January – The Garage Room, Titchfield Community Centre.
- Monday 27 January – Brookfield Community School, Sarisbury Green.
- Tuesday 11 February – Fareham Community Church, (Upper Hall) 171 – 173 West Street.
- Thursday 13 February – Holy Rood Church, Stubbington.
- Monday 17 February – Cams Hills School, Portchester.
Exhibitions will take place from 5pm to 6pm prior to each CAT meeting.
If you are unable to make any of our CAT meetings there will also be a number of pop-up exhibitions at venues across the Borough from 20 January through to 24 February as follows:
- Crofton Community Centre (Room 5), Stubbington
20 January from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Portchester Parish Hall
31 January from 1:30pm – 3:30pm
- Victory Hall (Bartholomew Room), Warsash
3 February from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
6 February from 5:30pm – 7:30pm
- Fareham Leisure Centre
19 February from 11:00am – 1:00pm
- Titchfield Community Centre (Meon Room)
24 February from 2:30pm – 4:30pm
Cllr Keith Evans, Executive Member for Planning and Development, said: ‘I would urge residents to review the Local Plan Supplement as it provides detail on additional areas being put forward for development so we can meet the Government’s new housing figures.’
Visit www.fareham.gov.uk/localplanconsultation to view the Local Plan Supplement or take part in the survey by Sunday 1 March. Paper surveys are also available from libraries at Fareham, Locks Heath, Portchester and Stubbington, and from the Civic Offices.