Portsmouth Together is hosting a volunteers' fair where you can find out about all the varied opportunities to volunteer in the city.
The Volunteers Fair is taking place on Friday 2nd June at Cascades Shopping Centre in Commercial Road, Portsmouth from 10am - 4pm.
It will showcase the variety of volunteer opportunities available in Portsmouth with organisations including the Rowans Hospice, The Carers Centre, Pompey in the Community, Time to Say No, and The Salvation Army on hand to talk about their volunteering vacancies.
The event marks the start of volunteers week 1 - 7 June 2017. Brian Bracher, Head of Volunteering and Social Action at Portsmouth City Council said; "This is an exciting time for volunteering in Portsmouth. There are opportunities in fundraising, art & culture, education, health and wellbeing, community and many more. Volunteering is a great way to give back to your community and to gain new skills. Volunteering gives you the chance to try your hand at a job you might want to make into a career, looks good on your CV, helps increase your confidence and introduces you to a wide range of new people."
These are just some of the volunteering opportunities that will be available:
- Rowans Hospice is looking for volunteer shop assistants
- Time to Say No - marketing team is looking for marketing assistance
- Age UK Portsmouth is looking for befriending, café and form filling volunteers
- Marie Curie is looking for helpers to provide emotion support
- The Salvation Army's Haven Community Centre is looking for dementia befrienders
- Home Start have opportunities for home visiting volunteers
- Portsmouth Together is hoping to find some volunteer admin assistants
- Plus other opportunities such as; bike mechanic, classroom volunteer, community signposter, conservation volunteer, drivers assistant
The Volunteers Fair is free to attend no booking required just come along on the day to find out more about volunteering.