Multiple dates from Wednesday, June 13th to Wednesday, July 4th
Approachable sessions and activities to help you develop your skills with acrylics. Ideal for those new to acrylics or those wanting to gain confidence.
During the course, you will be working from some of the objects held in the collections at Westbury Manor Museum, Fareham. Through these objects, you will be able to explore different compositions and textures in your paintings. Over the four week course we will be working on two paintings. Please see below for what to bring to the first session.
A basic understanding of how to draw (i.e. shading, texture, highlights and shadows) is helpful but not essential.
Learners participating in this course will be able to exhibit their work in the Hidden Treasures exhibition, if they wish to. The Hidden Treasures community exhibition takes place this autumn at Westbury Manor to showcase items from their collections and give amateur artists from a variety of groups and schools the opportunity to show what they see in these objects.
You will need:
• Acrylic paints: we use a small range of colours in class so the following colours will be the most helpful - ultramarine blue, cadmium red, cadmium yellow, white
• A range of brushes (including flat, round, filbert)
• Watercolour paper for activities and preparation (220gsm upwards)
• 2 x A4 canvases or canvas boards (for your main paintings)
• You may wish to bring a drawing board or something to lean on (up to A3)
• Old cloth/flannel or kitchen roll
• Water pot
• An apron or wear clothes that you don’t mind getting paint on (acrylic paint can be difficult to remove)
• Please bring a photo showing texture or pattern with you to the first session to use as inspiration for a background
IMPORTANT: please bring a plastic bag with you to all classes, so that you can safely transport your used brushes and palette home with you. No sink will be available for washing up
PLEASE NOTE: Change of times now 10am - 12.30pm
More Information (Express FM is not responsible for external websites)
Gosport Discovery Centre
The event runs from 11:00am to 12:30pm on the following dates.
Select a date to add this event to your calendar app.